- MSc. Human Movement Sciences (Oncology, Heart & Lung)
- Edema Therapy
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
- Oncology Physiotherapy (Member Onconet and Keurmerk)
- Hand Therapy
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Post Covid-19 Rehabiliation
- Cancer rehabilitation during curative or palliative phase of cancer
- Chronic fatigue after cancer (ME/CFS)
- Mobility limitation as a result of surgery or radiation
- Chronic pain after surgery or radiation
- Secondary lymphedema due to surgery, radiation and chemotherapy
- Primary lymphedema (hereditary)
- Lymph taping, bandaging
- Individual training for lymphedema
- Self-management with regard to lymphedema ailments
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (Angioplasty treatment (PTCA) or bypass operation (CABG))
- Heart and lung rehabilitation (COPD hyperventilation, pulmonary fibrosis)
- Rehabilitation after Covid-19
More about Faranak Memarian
After completing my training as a physiotherapist, I followed the post-graduate course in edema physiotherapy. After graduation, I worked as an edema physiotherapist for several years. During this period I encountered many oncological patients. What struck me was that these patients had a wide range of complaints that I had not yet experienced.
That is why I started my education in oncology physiotherapy. I graduated as an oncological physiotherapist at the University of Brussels in 2017. I gained insight into the various treatments (such as surgery, chemotherapy adjuvant and neoadjuvant, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy). In addition to the physical aspects, this training also focussed on the psychological aspects of cancer.
It gives me great satisfaction to be able to help patients with the various side effects of various treatments. For example, it makes me very happy if someone can perform his/her daily functions again with less pain and fatigue.
My work as an oncology physiotherapist looks like a puzzle. During the intake session, I analyze the different levels of physical, mental and social functioning. I use various questionnaires to better map out the patient’s request for help. After an inventory of the complaints, I draw up an appropriate treatment plan.
In addition, I am a specialized physiotherapist in lung and cardiovascular problems as well as hand therapy. In my spare time I like to do sports. I also like painting with acrylic paint, cooking and sailing. I look forward to seeing you in the physiotherapy clinic in Laren.